Eligibility Criteria and Target Groups
A borrower has to be a Bhutanese above 18 years of age and fall under the following target groups:
- Rural Livelihood Loan: The Rural Livelihood Loan is targeted towards Land Rehabilitation kidu beneficiaries to enable them to make a living through their agricultural land. Rural Livelihood Loan will also be extended to farmers and cooperatives supplying to the OGOP under The Queen’s Project and BAIL.
- Armed Force Spouse (AFS) Skill Based Loan: The spouses of Armed Force Personnel trained under the Project HOPE, His Majesty’s Secretariat can avail this loan product to start income generating business in line with the skills acquired from the trainings they have undergone at the Vocational Skills Development Centre (VSDC).
- Retired Armed Force (RAF) Microenterprise Loan: The retired armed force personnel can avail this loan to start microenterprise in any sector to earn a living post their retirement from armed force services.
- Retired Armed Force (RAF) Housing Loan: The objective of RAF Housing Loan is to help retired armed force personnel build a shelter for themselves and their families post their service to the country. This loan will be used to to supplement their personal savings towards the construction of new house, and renovation or expansion of an existing house.
- Armed Force Children (AFC) Education Loan: Armed force personnel can avail AFC Education Loan for their children to pursue bachelor’s degree in Bhutan and India.
- Armed Force Personnel Loan: In line with the social objective of CareCredit, the Armed Force Personnel Loan will meet short term (emergency) financial needs of the personnel.
- Youth Skill-Based Loan: Youth who want to start business inline with the skills they possess can avail this loan.
- Young Entrepreneur Loan: This loan will be offered to innovative and creative business proposals.
- Business Relief Loan: This loan product was introduced during the COVID-19 Monetary Measure Phase 2 to encourage the recipients of Druk Gyalpoi Relief Kidu (DGRK) to transition from cash kidu to self-sustenance through income generating activities.
All loans are collateral free with maximum loan amount of Nu.500,000/- and a maximum tenure of 5 years (conditions apply).
Interest rates vary according to loan products.
*Please contact us for additional information on loan products and procedures.